The FOCUS Program is no longer accepting scholarship applications. Our current NSF funding ends in August, 2018. Please contact your academic department or the UNT Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship for information about other scholarship opportunities.
General Eligibility Requirements (See application for additional details)
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Demonstrate financial need through the UNT Financial Aid and Scholarships Office
- Majoring in physics, mathematics, ecology, chemistry, biochemistry, or biology
- Minimum overall and science/math grade point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale)
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a former science or mathematics instructor (Sophomore or Junior/Senior Scholarship applications only) - form available in PDF (36KB) or Word (49KB)
- Complete the FOCUS Scholarship Application for SOPHOMORE SCHOLARSHIPS - form available in PDF (66KB) or Word (50KB)
- Complete the FOCUS Scholarship Application for JUNIOR/SENIOR SCHOLARSHIPS - form available in PDF (66KB) or Word (50KB)
Turn in Your Application
Materials may be mailed in to the address below or hand-delivered to the FOCUS Scholarship Office in the Life Sciences Building A223 (map). For questions or additional information, call 940-565-4137 or e-mail FOCUS@unt.edu.
FOCUS Scholarship Office
ATTN: Dr. Lee Hughes
1155 Union Circle #305220
Denton, TX 76203-5017